Discovering my Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

When I found out about multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), it didn’t start with that. It all started with my suspicions of mold. I noticed that the food in my kitchen was going bad quickly and I thought maybe my body was allergic to mold. I called an inspector to check it out. It turned out that my house had a high level of mold but the inspectors would tell me that it didn’t seem high enough to make me as sick as I was. I was having symptoms of fibromyalgia and scoliosis.

So, it turns out that it was not just the mold but also a gas leak in my house and that’s why my plants were dying and my pets were dying. My hamster and fish died within the 1st 2 months of being at the house. That finally pushed my body over the edge. I find out more each day that I’m more sensitive to certain chemicals and it adds to the list of things that make me sick. Below is a list of things that I’m sensitive to. Please keep in mind that not all these are uncommon. People who don’t have MCS can also have symptoms that flare from these items.

  1. Tradition Laundry detergents
  2. Aspergillus/Penicillium Mold
  3. Acetone/Paint Stripper VOCs
  4. Baking Soda/Washing Soda
  5. Castille Soap mixed with vinegar (accidentally found this out that it’s not a good combination for laundry whoops!)
  6. Castille Soap on laundry
  7. Dust
  8. Chemicals on fabric newly purchased from the store.
  9. Gas

I have slowly eliminated most of the chemicals that are bothering me except for the paint stripper that is in my kitchen. The smell is foul and makes me nauseous so I’ve taped off the kitchen and rarely go in there. I just have my boyfriend go in there for me when I need anything. The only issue is that my hair is still falling out. I’m not sure how to fix that issue but I’ll give you an update on what’s causing that.

Do you have anything that your MCS is triggered by? Leave a comment below!

You may also like...

Follow Me!